Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

No Name Carrots

This recipe, I got from my aunt. I've enjoyed them for years at family togethers and finally got the recipe. On paper, it just doesn't look like it would work but it did.


These are all the ingredients I used. My aunt would use sliced whole carrots but I had these on hand already. Everything else is how she dictated.

Slice that onion super thin. Check it out almost see through.

Dice the green peppers and mix it all up in your favorite generic white bowl.

Toss in the see through sliced onions and diced green peppers and mix it all up. While you are mixing this up be sure and add the carrots to boiling water and cook for 10 minutes.

I added the carrots to the sauce and then placed in the fridge overnight. Let those flavors come together. Yes it does make a huge difference.

The next day for after breakfast, before lunch snack. Delicious!!!!

Don't forget to compost the leftover scraps. No onion scraps because it turns out my worms in the compost bin don't like them so much. 

Ingredients:
1 lbs Carrots
1 Green Pepper
I onion (Medium)

Dressing
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Olive oil
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup apple vinegar
1 TBSP Lemon Juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 teaspoon pepper


Instructions:
1. Slice Carrots and boil for ten minutes

2. Slice onion thin

3. Dice Peppers

4. Mix all ingredients







No comments:

Post a Comment